San Francisco – London. Raising tomorrow’s adventurers and explorers with a creative brain, an outdoors attitude and a healthy dose of curiosity.
It’s wintertime. Days are shorter, colder and moodier. How do you find the motivation to have fun with the kids outdoors? When the temptation of staying indoors in front of a screen is strong, put up your best fight, scarves and gloves and walk out the door with these activities. I recently discovered the wonderful Nature Advent Calendar of Nature Detectives and couldn’t resist sharing it with you and your family. Each day is a different page that offers Christmas-related nature activities for young nature detectives.
Last week was Geography Awareness Week and during that week, the National Geographic Education website organizes a blog-a-thon, featuring a different blog post on the importance of geography each day. The contributions included pieces on Rhode Island maps, the great nature sale, a trip to Mumbai, organic farming, being a geography major and my piece [...]
Most popular posts
- Perfect Family Campgrounds in the Bay Area
- Family Glamping at Mount Madonna: Yurts, Redwoods, and Arrows
- Best Picnic Spots in the Bay Area
- Syko Glyko: A Green Fig Preserve Recipe with Greek Flair
- Bang Krachao: Biking through Bangkok’s Green Lungs
- Camping Report: Kids’ Breakfast Ideas
- Hiking around Bon Tempe Lake and Lake Lagunitas in Marin
- Family Camping around Lake Tahoe
- Eat the Trees: Make Douglas Fir Syrup
- Review: TOTEM by Cirque du Soleil