San Francisco – London. Raising tomorrow’s adventurers and explorers with a creative brain, an outdoors attitude and a healthy dose of curiosity.
Adventure! Magic! Mystery! Young Ophelia doesn’t consider herself brave but she’s extremely curious. Living in a city where it always snows, she finds herself battling the Snow Queen in a museum, while haunting the hallways of the museum grieving her recently-deceased mother. This Victorian steampunk take on the Snow Queen had my daughter all up […]
Last night, I went to a swim class for female adults. It’s an improvement class just above the beginner class to improve swim technique or to learn a new stroke. There’s only three of us, each one with a different goal. My goal is to improve my technique so I can do endurance swims. The second woman wants to get fitter and to swim for health. The last woman wants her 7-year daughter to be happy. Until now, she couldn’t play with her daughter in the deep end of the pool because she was scared she wasn’t a good-enough swimmer. This semester, she is taking time off, at her kid’s bedtime, to brave winter temps at night and get in a pool with total strangers.
Most popular posts
- Perfect Family Campgrounds in the Bay Area
- Family Glamping at Mount Madonna: Yurts, Redwoods, and Arrows
- Best Picnic Spots in the Bay Area
- Bang Krachao: Biking through Bangkok’s Green Lungs
- How to Plan a Disneyland Trip on the Cheap
- Ladybug Hike at Redwood Regional Park
- Syko Glyko: A Green Fig Preserve Recipe with Greek Flair
- Family Camping around Lake Tahoe
- Eat the Trees: Make Douglas Fir Syrup
- Review: TOTEM by Cirque du Soleil