My name is Laure Latham. You can find me here on LinkedIn. The “Frog” in Frog Mom comes from my being French, but also from my love for nature. I have two daughters born in 2003 and 2005, who’ve joined my outdoors adventures since they were babies.
Bio: Laure Latham
I grew up in the South Pacific in New Caledonia, an island between Tahiti and Australia. My childhood memories include picking wild guavas in the jungle, snorkeling around coral reef islands, and weaving coconut leaf baskets. With my two brothers, we were out and about constantly, pretend-fighting with weeping willow branches, building kites, or sharpening branches to make bows and arrows. When I was 13, my family moved to Thailand and then at age 17, I started college in France. I read business and law, became a tax attorney and after marrying, relocated to San Francisco from 2001 to 2012. I’ve lived in London since 2012.
I am co-founder and CMO of Veeveo, an electric mobility platform. Passionate about the intersection of sustainability, tech and business, I’ve worked in both startups and larger companies to set the groundwork of their communications and marketing activities, implement sustainable change and drive business strategy. I am also a published outdoors author, journalist, and award-winning nature blogger.
In 2023, you will find me swimming a lot as I am an aspiring English Channel solo swimmer.
- Chocolate – Dark, bittersweet, mostly with nuts and citrus.
- Tea – Earl Grey with blue flowers, smoky Lapsang Souchong, crisp Gen Maicha, oriental rose tea or earthy Pu Erh.
- Open water swimming – I’ve completed two English Channel relays, swam Alcatraz, the Bosphorus, Windermere, and many other swims. I usually bring my swim suit on hikes.
- Serpentine Swimming Club – I am the Honorary Secretary of the venerable London club based in Hyde Park.
- Star Wars – I’m a big fan. Yes, I’ve staged a Star Wars hike with my family.
- Books – historical and adventure fiction, fantasy, poetry, natural anthropology, explorer journals.
- My girls – my favorite adventurers. My everyday inspiration.