Stinging Nettle Cake
This gluten-free combines the nutty crunch of coarse cornmeal with fragrant honey and nutritious stinging nettle.
- 225 grams Unsalted butter
- 250 grams Honey
- 150 grams Molasses (or treacle)
- 300 grams Cornmeal (coarse grind)
- 100 grams Stinging nettles (wilted, pureed)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking powder (gluten free)
Preheat the oven at 160C/320F.
Melt butter, honey and molasses over low heat until the mixture becomes runny. Set aside to cool down.
Add pureed stinging nettles and eggs to wet ingredients.
Stir in cornmeal, baking powder and salt with a spatula.
Pour into a tea cake mould, either nonstick or lined with parchment paper.
Bake until inserted toothpick comes out dry, 40 to 50 minutes.